We’re excited that you will be joining us for a virtual Podcast Party! Our events a platform called Remo to host this event. Remo allows us to switch back and forth between two modes during the event:
- Conversation Mode: In this mode, you will be seated at a virtual conference table with other guests. You will be able to see and talk to them as if you are in a video chat. You can join a different table at any time by double-clicking on it.
- Presentation Mode: In this mode, your camera and mic will be turned off and everybody will see and hear the presentation on the virtual stage. However, you will be able to chat by typing in text.
What You Need
- Equipment: Please attend the event using a computer, NOT a phone or tablet. We recommend that you use a personal computer, not a work computer that might be use a VPN or firewall. You also need a microphone and a camera.
- Operating System: Remo is compatible with macOS and Windows 10.
- Browser: Remo is compatible with Chrome, Safari (Mac), and Microsoft Edge (Windows).
- Connection: A strong internet connection will help you get the most out of the event. If possible, use a wired connection instead of wi-fi. Also, close any other browsers, any other tabs in your browser, and any other apps that use the internet.
- Equipment Test: We recommend you run this equipment test before attending the event:
Attending the Event
- We have emailed you a link to the event. If you did not receive a link, please email us.
- After you click the link, you will need to log in using the same email address that you registered with. (This is the email address that we sent the link to.)
- You will be asked to create a Remo account.
- You can create a profile. Watch this video for details:
How to Use Remo
This video will give you a walkthru of the platform:
Microphone and camera problems? Follow these steps:
- Close any other apps that use your microphone or camera, such as Zoom, WebEx, or Microsoft Teams.
- Conduct a hard refresh of your browser (Press ‘Ctrl’ + ‘Shift’ + ‘R’ on a PC, ‘Cmd’ + ‘Shift’ + ‘R’ on a Mac).
- If you are on a work computer that uses a VPN, switch to a personal computer. (See more info on Remo and VPNs.)
- Still having problem? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also check these guides:
- Windows 10 Troubleshooting Guide
- MacOS Troubleshooting Guide
- Or visit Remo.co and click on the chat window in the lower-right corner
Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you, we look forward to seeing you!